Dates for our 2024 Locomotive Cab Ride Experiences will be available from February 2024. Until then they will show as OUT OF STOCK on the selection pane.
The Locomotive Cab Ride Experience, suitable for those aged 18 or over, includes:
Steam Locomotive Experience
A full round trip on the footplate, lasting just under an hour for the participant
A further full round trip assisting the guard
A complimentary ticket for a friend to ride on the train on the same day
A certificate commemorate your special day.
From £75 per participant. Price includes one guest per participant.
Have a question?
Send us a message via our contact us page.
* In the unlikely event a Steam Locomotive isn't avaliable and a diesel locomotive is rostered to run at short notice we will contact the customer to explain the change of tracation and always offer an alternative date.
Locomotive Footplate Ride
Heritage Experience Terms and Conditions:
• Heritage Experience participants must be aged 18 or over. Although there is no upper age limit, the participant should be generally healthy enough for light manual work.
• Participants must be able to climb into the locomotive cab from the platform. Please also note that the cab may be a relatively confined space.
• Please ensure that you choose the correct date and time when booking an Experience. Bookings may be re-arranged at no extra cost, provided this is arranged no more than 14 days before the date of your original booking.
• You may cancel your booking for a full refund within five working days. After this time, we will only be able to rearrange your Heritage Experience.
• Missed Heritage Experiences cannot be refunded or rearranged.
• Heritage Experiences that are purchased as a gift must be redeemed within two years from the date of purchase.
• Whilst we are generally able to accommodate most reasonable alterations to bookings, we cannot always guarantee to do so.
• In the event that the Pontypool and Blaenavon Railway Company (1983) Ltd. are not able to honour an Experience, for example, following the failure of a locomotive, we will seek to reschedule your Experience for another suitable date and time. If this is not possible, then we will issue a full refund.
You will receive confirmation of your order via email within 10 minutes of purchase.
One of our friendly volunteers will then contact you via email within 10 working days of booking to confirm your experience.
Your order will not be shipped, Please note purchasing this item will be via digital document only.